Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nicole Scherzinger as Christine?



According to Broadway World, article HERE, it's been confirmed that the former Pussy Cat Doll, 2010 Dancing with the Stars champ and current judge on The X Factor will be performing the title song of Phantom of the Opera at this year’s Royal Variety Performance.  Famous Phantoms Simon Bowman, Earl Carpenter, Ramin Karimloo and John Owen-Jones will join her.  The performance was filmed December 5th and will air tonight, December 14th.

Click HERE for a video of the rehearsal for Scherzinger and the four Phantoms.  They overlay the audio so you wont be able to hear how Scherzinger interprets the music, but you can at least get an idea of how they will be staging the performance.  Seems a bit like the 25th Anniversary performance to me.  Also, anyone else think that Karimloo looks odd with a beard?

I have confidence that Scherzinger wont botch the role, like other "pop" stars might.  Here is a video of her performance at the Hollywood Bowl 2010 production of Rent.  I've been fortunate enough to see Rent live twice, and I feel that Scherzinger's Over the Moon is fantastic.  Funny, as it should be, but sung well.  Here is Take Me or Leave Me from the same performance.

Until next time, stay good Angels,

 - Maya

Edit ~ Alright Angels!  How do you think she did? HERE is the youtube video.  Man I love JOJ... hell I love all of them.  And Ramin did his "signature" "Grows Stronger Yet" which we didn't get to see in the 25th anniversary dvd.  As far as Nicole goes, I think she did an amazing job... and I have to say I love her hair (Is that off topic?)  Did they drop that high note at the end?  I can't tell from this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment