Thursday, March 29, 2012

Monday Update: It has been far, far too long...

I'm sorry Angel's, but I'm the worst schedule keeper in the history of... well schedule keeping.

I have several half finish posts I've been meaning to finish, but a new idea comes before I can finish the old.  So, therefore, the blog sits stagnant.  That's not very kind of me is it?

So, hopefully there will be a few more update from me, at least with things to come from this blog.  It was always my goal to write about my own exploration into this world and into this character, and the way the story is always slightly different for every person, writer or receiver.  I think Erik just molds that way.


Some small updates:

I'm finishing up my reviews on Susan Kay's Phantom.  I've originally chose to do this in sections, but decided I wanted to finish the entire book first before finishing each section.  That actually chose to serve me better on a analytical standpoint, but not necessarily on a "getting posts out quickly" standpoint.

I've also started planning a trip to Vegas to see Phantom before it closes in September.  My original plan was to visit New York, but budget says Vegas... especially because I'd like to see the show before it closes.  I have a feeling that even if the touring Broadway show re-vamps and changes its sets and design that the original show will always be there on Broadway.  So, once I get my planning date set (I'm aiming for June) then I'll post more about my plans.  Maybe I'll see some of you there!

I've started on Phantom of Manhattan by Fredrick Forsythe but haven't gotten farther than the introduction (does that even count as starting?).  Needless to say, Forsythe hasn't given me much of a reason to like his book with this introduction.... but I'll give it more of a chance when I finally pick the damn thing back up again.

I am also finishing up my notes on Erik: Portrait of a Living Corpse.  This movie has to be one of my favorites and I have (mostly) good things to say about it.

I do have another request of my few readers! I'm looking for my next Phantom book.  I've looked through other fan related fiction and I'd like suggestions on which one I should read next!  Comment or send me an email.

Look for more to come!

 - Maya

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the reviews! Especially the one for Erik

    ReplyDelete